Sunday, March 6, 2011

Haiku for March 6: Skies and suns

Prints, and party where
nowhere, endless nowhere sky,
return
                 returning



I love trying to picture what a "nowhere sky" looks like.



Desert sunset stretches,
standing leg eyed for to room
couple home a the


My favorite phrase in this one is "standing leg-eyed."  (I don't know what it means, though.)



birthday from water
of sky beginnings to kill
an graves and match first


Earlier we had "nowhere sky;" now we have "sky beginnings."  Is sky just one of those words that sounds beautiful and profound no matter what you pair with it?  (Challenge: put this to the test...)


Dress
     Mom to
           In our
Aftershave stairs
            Heat darkens
Lingering sun
         Low


I took some liberties with the spacing of this one.  This one creates a very clear picture for me: a mother getting ready for an evening date; the aftershave of the father or boyfriend lingering on the stairs.  This is another example where I'm amazed that all the fragments come together so well: the dress, the lingering sun hanging low, the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment