Sunday, February 20, 2011

The First Poem My Computer Ever Wrote

fragmentizing cobb
exclamatory hurst smash
subchorioidal


There it is, the very first haiku produced by Poesytron 575.  The original, most basic form of my haiku-generation program selects words completely at random.*  I had big ideas about making rules for word selection based on how often words were paired together in real, human-written haiku-- but first of all, I had to make sure that it could do the most basic things like count the syllables in a line and so forth.  And this haiku, though it may not make much sense, proved that I was on the right track!

*In my next post, I'll tell you a little bit about the word list it was selecting from and how it worked.

1 comment:

  1. random word choices
    tron generated poem
    surprising beauty

    ReplyDelete